Saturday, September 19, 2009

Time flies

Two months have somehow gotten away from me without so much as a "I'm still around" post. This is going to be the quickest overview I can write. But, I need to write.

Our summer was filled with back and forth trips to Southern California. My grandparents have been a priority for me in recent months and I am starting to work on getting things together for another trip to spend some time with them. Nana has good days and bad. Continued prayers are, of course, appreciated.

Our family suffered a loss at the end of August. My brother's Godfather succumbed to cancer. I don't understand cancer. I don't know if anyone does, so it may sound silly to some for me to say that. But, it's this thought I keep having. It affects people in so many different ways. People beat it and it comes back. Others beat it and it stays gone for good. It's been almost five years since we lost my dear father-in-law to cancer. This week I have heard of two young men who are battling cancer. Young fathers and husbands. Please lift them up in prayer. And their families and all of the families impacted by this awful disease.

We still haven't done anything with Lawrence's ashes. I haven't brought the subject up with Darrel recently. I look at the urn nearly every night. Tonight, my eyes drifted from the urn to a jar also on the shelf. The jar reads, "Hopes and Dreams." hmm...that got me thinking. Some of my hopes and dreams will never come to fruition.

October 15 is Day for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness. While I recognize that I am not yet ready for a big Stillbirth Awareness fundraiser, I do want to do something. I am thinking about helping with the altar flowers at church one week in October. But I would also like to to do something to raise even just a few dollars for First Candle. I may tie a simple, silent fundraiser in with the fall art show. I'm still giving it some thought.

My Nana's good days and bad days have mostly to do with her physical well-being. I, of course, have good days and bad days for other reasons. I struggled, but survived the arrival of my due date, which was also my eleventh wedding anniversary on August 8. Darrel helped with that. We went to see GI Joe when it opened August 7 and we saw Huey Lewis and the News play at the Stanislaus County Fair on our anniversary. We spent out anniversary working (taking photos at the fair), but it was time well spent. We enjoyed the time together.

I am now an Avon representative. You can order through me or through my website. Contact me for more information. Adult school got off to a bit of a rocky start. Instead of having three classes, I started the semester with only two classes. Two weeks into the semester, I was down to one class. And, I am now completely laid off as my last class was closed after Thursday night. I am hoping to use my time as constructively as possible. I am going to look for other jobs, invest some time into the business and the after school journalism program at Delhi High School and do what I can to get on track for finishing my credential. I am going to continue corresponding as often as I possibly can with my grandparents. I am going to take my son to the park and storytime at the library near our house. I am going to pray that the spring semester is a little better. And I am going to see where God is leading me. Time may fly, but I'm going to do everything I can to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment