Sunday, April 26, 2009

The hardest post of my life

I've been through some pretty traumatic things in my life, but I don't think anything comes close to the experience I had this weekend. Our family is hurting, that is for sure.

Saturday afternoon I went in to Labor and Delivery because I had what I thought was a urinary tract infection, but was concerned could be contractions. They monitored the baby and me. He was checking out fine. I wasn't having contractions. I tested positive for a UTI. So, we were sent on our way with a prescription.

Last night, I was having similar pains (same location, but a little more painful than earlier in the day). I was having trouble getting to sleep. I was miserable. Before I knew it, I felt like I was possibly in labor, so I talked with Darrel. We went back to the hospital. Within minutes of getting checked in and into a gown in the L&D department I delivered our second son. He had no heartbeat and no attempt to breathe. There was nothing that could be done.

We named him Lawrence "Larry" Joseph. His first name is for our dads. Joseph is also a family name. None of these names were being considered, but they are two of the three that we both had come to mind after he was born.

We've been asked what people can do. This is our request: please keep us in your prayers and please hug your families, especially your children. I will post more when I can.

5 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for your family. I'm so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss and am praying for you and your family. May God heal your broken heart and give you peace.

    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah and Darrell, we are so sorry to hear about your loss. We cannot begin to know how you feel and hope that through love and faith your hearts may heal quickly. May Conner's joy and love help bring you past these difficult times. Much love, Faby and DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you a lot Rebekah; I hope some of the prayers being said for your family are reaching you and bringing you a small bit of comfort. (((hugs))) Heather (JB mama)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even begin to imagine. I am so very sorry. I am keeping your family in my prayers
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete